Thursday, April 21, 2011

What Happens When My Son Blogs




Ninety-five percent of what you see posted here gets done in that window when my older two are at school and my youngest is napping
. I am simply NOT a night owl and I try very hard to reserve what little energy I have left in the evenings for my husband. This routine works very well for me.

Except it's Spring Break.

So I've been trying to write what needs to be written either before my children rise or while they eat breakfast.

I failed to complete the task a few days ago.

My six year old son asked me to do something (and, shamefully, I can't even tell you what it was) and I replied,

"In just a sec, hon. Let Mama finish up this article she's writing real fast, okay?"

And that was that.

Today, he brought me his toy laptop and asked if I'd like to use it to write an article. I smiled and suggested that he should write one.

He did.



Can you see it? Can you read it? I hope so. It was the most important "article" I've read all week:

God loves you.

And so, as I step away for the next few days to share this blessed season with my family, I leave you with that.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16


Happy Easter.

No comments: