Sunday, March 13, 2011

Menu Plan: 3/13 - Pondering More Fasting


Ash Wednesday was a wonderful time of prayerful reflection for me this past week. Because I was nursing last year and pregnant the year before, it had admittedly been a long since I fasted. It was a powerful thing for me and I'm pondering doing a "mini fast" every Wednesday throughout Lent (and, of course, fasting on Good Friday.) I'll let you know what I commit to!

For this week, I'm realizing that there's not a whole lot of meat going on. And I'm totally content with that. Here's what's hittin' our table:

Sunday:

B-Cereal, Applesauce, Milk
L-Pancakes, Sausage Links, Apple Slices
D-Sunday Supper at Bama & Papa's

Monday:

B-Peanut Butter Oatmeal topped with peanuts, Milk
L-Egg Sandwiches, Apples w/ Cheese, Juice
D-Poor Man's Chicken Parm Sandwiches w/ Green Peppers

Tuesday:

B-Banana Bread, Applesauce, Milk
L-Buttered Noodles, Oranges, String Cheese, Water
D-Beans & Franks, Corn

Wednesday:

B-Banana Bread, Yogurt, Juice
L-Hot Dogs on Bread, Apples, Milk
D-Penne w/ Garlic, Tomatoes, & Goat Cheese


Thursday:

B-PB Toast, Apples, Milk
L-Cheesy Taco Fries
D-Vegetable Soup w/ added mixed vegetables, Cheese Quesadilla

Friday:

B-Smoothies, Toast
L-Cheesy Beans & Rice, Water
D-Tomato & Green Pepper Pizza*

Saturday:

B-Ham, Egg, & Cheese Bagel Sandwiches
L-Ramen Noodles, Fruit
D-Hot & Sour Peanut Noodles w/ Broccoli & Shrimp

*All pizzas on our menu plans from now until Easter will be MEATLESS in keeping with our Catholic tradition.

How about you? What are you serving up this week?

This post is linked to Menu Plan Menu.

No comments: