Monday, March 21, 2011

Menu Plan: 3/20-The 1yo Ate All My Broccoli


I told you all I'd let you know what I was planning, fasting-wise, so here you go: I am fasting every Wednesday up until dinnertime. I AM allowing myself water, black coffee, and a vitamin. So far I've found it to be very powerful and prayerful. I have also found that, while Wednesdays aren't terribly tough for me, I wake up starving (and grateful for breakfast!) on Thursdays.

Yesterday's brunch made my whole house smell fantastic... a little bright spot during a somewhat challenging weekend. Here's what's hittin' our table:

Sunday:

B-Cereal, Yogurt, Juice
L-PW's Cinnamon Baked French Toast
D-Hot & Sour Peanut Noodles w/ Shrimp & Broccoli (Truth? The 1yo got almost all the broccoli... which was perfectly fine with the 5yo, but a bummer for me!)

Monday:

B-Strawberry Vanilla Oatmeal, Milk
L-P, B, & J, Cheese & Crackers, Juice
D-Creamy Marsala Noodles, Green Beans

Tuesday:

B-Oatmeal Raisin Muffins, Applesauce, Milk
L-Tomato Soup w/ Noodles, Grapes, Water
D-Spanish Rice w/ Corn & Chicken

Wednesday:

B-Oatmeal Raisin Muffins, Cheese, Juice
L-Egg Salad on Toast, Creamsicle Smoothie
D-Pizza Paninis, Broccoli


Thursday:

B-C/S Toast, Apples, Milk
L-Mac & Cheese w/ Broccoli, Juice
D-Hot Dog Chili, Corn Muffins

Friday:

B-Smoothies, Fruit
L-Cheesy Beans & Rice, Water
D-Salsa Cheddar Pizza*

Saturday:

B-Cinnamon Rolls, Hard Boiled Eggs
L-Grilled Cheese, Fruit
D-Spaghetti, Cheese Bread, Green Beans

*All pizzas on our menu plans from now until Easter will be MEATLESS in keeping with our Catholic tradition.

While I absolutely adore trying new, fancy things and exploring new flavors, I'm also loving our simple, basic Lenten plan for meals this year. I may make this an annual tradition...

How about you? What are you serving up this week?

This post is linked to Menu Plan Menu.

No comments: