Monday, February 9, 2009

12 Days of the Valentine Queen: Day 7



12 Days of the Valentine Queen

Day 7: Berries and Cream



Mmmmm.... 'nuff said, really. Berries? And cream? So decadent. So delicious. So... romantic, really. Sure, I could eat berries with cream any time of year. But this time of year makes me think of it. Back when his title was still "boyfriend", my now-husband once prepared me lobster tails and raspberries with cream on Valentine's Day. I'll never forget it... and the holiday will never be the same without berries and cream! I can't always afford the lobster tails... but berries? Those I can work into the budget...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you make homemade whipped cream? What's your recipe? Strawberries are on sale at Kroger this week, hurray!

JessieLeigh said...

M- I use both store-bought and homemade whipped cream, but for my berries, I prefer homemade... I don't like it too sweet! To make it, I just whip heavy (whipping) cream in my mixer. When soft peaks form, I add a little sugar until it tastes good to me... that's it!