Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Wipe Warmer

Some people will disagree with me, but I always felt those "baby wipe warmers" you could buy were a real waste of money. Plus, it seems like there have been an awful lot of recalls on those suckers...

Still, I have to admit that, perhaps since we don't turn our heat up particularly high, there were winter mornings when it seemed downright cruel to put that frigid wipe up against that sleep-warmed infant skin.

My solution?



Before I start unzipping jammies, I wrap a wipe around my coffee mug. By the time I'm ready to do the wipe-up, it's nice and warm to the touch.

Works for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For more Works for Me Wednesday, visit We Are THAT Family!

7 comments:

Ali said...

Awesome idea! I agree, I think wipes warmers are a waste of money. I actually got one for a baby shower gift and it is still in the box over a year later (Craigslist!) plus we do cloth diapers so we use cloth wipes and I just use warm water to wet them. By the time I actually get the wipe on my DS's bottom, it is usually cold anyway lol! I will definitely have to try your idea, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Look at me commenting after I said I was going to take a step back... I still am, but this is genius. ;-) I think things like wipe warmers were invented by people who LAUGH at the way we spend our money. Craziness.

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom said...

I never have thought those wipe warmers were good ideas, just a waste of money.

Your idea, however, is ingenius!

Heather Benza said...

Hilarious! I was afraid the warmers were germ harbingers but still felt guilt for wiping with a cold wipe (though we did keep the thermostat at 75 when the baby came home---our visitors were not as happy as our babe.)

Anonymous said...

See I am the minority here but I loved our wipes warmer. When my twins were born I couldn't bare the idea to use those ice cold wipes on their little tushies. Now they are 15 months I am over it.

Shannon said...

Very morning my 2 yo says,"COLD!" when I wipe. Your idea is BRILLIANT!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.