Monday, February 23, 2009

No, Really, You Shouldn't Have...

Mine is not the kind of blog that regularly receives awards. And that's okay! Because, you see, this site is not the most creative, funniest, most frugal, yummiest, cutest, or any of the other bloggy award categories I see fly around. I love seeing bloggers I admire receive awards, but it is not something I have ever really expected or aspired to.

So when I received this award from Matt:


(If you can't read it, you're not alone- I couldn't either!)

... I was surprised.

Here's what the award is for-

"The award acknowledges a blogger’s effort to transmit cultural, literal, ethical and personal values every day."

Wow. I am incredibly flattered to receive such an award. I can think of few other descriptions that would make me feel more proud. That being said, I- like the recipients before me- feel humbled by this and unsure whether I'm really worthy of that description. Nonetheless, I thank you, Matt, and I am honored to pass the award on to a few other fabulous bloggers. The original rules stated that you should name 15 worthy blogs. But that's a LOT. And so, like Matt, I think I shall name about half that many...

Here are a few blogs that I think accomplish the above and why I think so. If you haven't already, you should really check them out!

  1. Neonatal Doc- This blog is no longer updated, but the archives are amazing and inspiring. These are posts written by a neonatologist that cover all manner of ethical dilemmas and decisions. I am forever intrigued by his posts.
  2. The Finer Things In Life- Amy celebrates and encourages others to celebrate all the wonderful small and simple things in life... like home and family- values I think are so important.
  3. Mom of Littles- Crystal writes three blogs and this is the newest of them. Her Biblical Womanhood certainly fits the bill too, but I love Mom of Littles for the inspiring values she offers to mothers raising young children.
  4. Life As MOM- Jessica offers practical advice for keeping a happy (and sane) home. A mom of six children, she has down-to-earth, ethically sound recommendations for being a more joyful mom.
  5. Like Merchant Ships- Meredith's gift for hospitality is unparalleled in the bloggy world, in my opinion. She practices cheerful frugality in beautiful ways.
  6. Kristie McNealy, MD- A great blog for informative and straight-forward articles and breakthroughs regarding all manner of issues affecting preemies.and premature birth (among other interesting stuff!).
  7. Freebies4Mom- What? A freebie site? Heather's blog fits the bill because she truly strives to offer ethically-appropriate deals and suggestions every single day. I have never once seen her advocate doing anything anything even remotely "shady" to save a buck.
So there you go. Seven exceptional blogs written by individuals with strong value systems. Who else should have been on my list? Please share with me in the comments-- I'd love to check out something new!



3 comments:

FishMama said...

Well, thank you! Now, if only it could be happy, sane and clean!

Thanks for your encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks! And Congrats to you and your very deserving blog, too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much and congrats to you as well.

Take care,
Kristie