Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Day to Spread Love



I am always so happy when Valentine's Day rolls around. I simply love this time of year. I am so thankful that we are on the cusp of Spring. I am happy to have the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season behind me for the year. This year, I'm also delighted to have the first trimester well behind me and to be enjoying more energy and no nausea!

I love the whole premise of Valentine's Day... that it is truly a day to celebrate and embrace love. First to our minds, of course, are our husbands or sweethearts. The holiday is certainly marketed with that in mind. But do we have to limit it to that? Can we not celebrate our love for our children, our parents, our siblings, our friends, and those others who have touched our lives?

In my family, we do! My mom views all her kids and grandkids as her "valentines". I love picking out little treats for people other than my hubby (though he certainly deserves them too!). I think of this season as a time to spoil those who mean the most to us... through words, treats and gestures.

I'm grateful for a holiday that is all about spreading the love!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To see what others love to be grateful for, stop by Gratituesday hosted by Laura at Heavenly Homemakers! This week's edition is a special part of our progressive Valentine's Exchange of Inspiration and Ideas. Tomorrow, yours truly will be sharing ways to celebrate with little ones! Please join us all week. Check out the schedule here. Take a peek at what you can win here.

2 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

That definitely is a praise to be past your nausea. :D

That is great how you celebrate with your whole family.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree, Valentine's Day is a great time to show our love and appreciation for all who touch our lives!