Thursday, February 5, 2009

13 Songs I End Up Singing Every Single Day


I've always loved to sing. As a child, I danced and performed around the living room. By college, I was dedicated to being a part of our choir. And now that I have little ones, they are my audience. I sing loudly and often. I am fortunate to be blessed with a "nice voice"-- I'm never going to be a singing superstar, but people usually seem to enjoy listening to me. That's good enough! I sing a lot more than thirteen songs each day, but here are thirteen that somehow- usually by child request- make it on to the repertoire every day...

  1. The Itsy Bitsy Spider
  2. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
  3. Immaculate Mary
  4. Part of Your World (the Little Mermaid song)
  5. Our Father
  6. Days of the Week (a preschool song to teach the days)
  7. The ABC Song
  8. The ABC Song in French
  9. Seek Ye First
  10. The Lord Said to Noah
  11. The Ants Go Marching
  12. Let It Snow (this one is getting kind of old now... ;))
  13. Lay Down In Your Bed... (our bedtime song that we sing and sign)
I fear there will come a day when my children turn into 'tweens or teens who no longer want to hear me sing... or, worse, are embarrassed if I sing. I hope that doesn't happen but, in the meantime, I'll raise my voice in song all day long! And, yes, I'll keep taking requests...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For more Thursday {Thirteen}, be sure to check out Happy To Be At Home.

3 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

What fun! :D Great songs to sing, too! :D He's put a song in your heart!

Sonshine said...

what fun!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Anonymous said...

That's a great list of songs. I just realized that my big kids have stopped requesting our bedtime song. So sad. :(